Canadian beef production facts
- There are approximately 60,000 farms and ranches with beef cattle across Canada.
- The average beef cow herd size in Canada is 69.
- There are a lot of small cattle farms with 39% of the farms having less than 47 cows.
- In 2016, Canada produced 3 billion pounds of beef, up 9.6% from 2015.
- Canadians eat 40.12 pounds (18.2 kg) of beef per person annually.
- Canada is the 12th largest beef exporting country in the world.
- Beef production contributed $16 billion to Canada’s economy (2012-2016 average).
- Understanding Irradiated Ground Beef
- Antibiotics and Beef Cattle
- Beef: Health and Wellness
- Understanding Grass Fed and Grain Fed Beef
- Organic Beef