Beef & Fine Cheddar Wraps
Posted January 30, 2013
Perfect Appetizer or After School Snack
- 2 large flour burrito-size tortillas
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly (hot or sweet)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar, Swiss or Havarti cheese
- 1 handful watercress, arugula or baby greens
- 2 cup shaved cooked roast beef ( about 10 oz/300 g)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- (to taste) pepper
Spread each tortilla right to edge with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) red pepper jelly. Top each with 1/4 cup (50 ml) shredded cheese, one-quarter each of the watercress, beef and 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cashew pieces. Season with pepper.
Roll up each tightly. Eat right away or wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Tip: To make wraps into party finger food, refrigerate tightly covered wraps for 1 hour or up to 24 hours. To serve, trim off ends and discard. Cut on diagonal into ¾-inch (2 cm) slices.
Courtesy of Manitoba Beef Producers