Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes
Posted December 9, 2013
As seen on Breakfast Television Winnipeg and Great Tastes of Manitoba 2013.
Whimsical appetizer with bold flavours, great for any cocktail party!
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) extra-lean ground beef
- 2-3 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh Italian herbs, tube variety
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) marinara sauce
- prepared mashed potatoes, stiff enough to use in a piping bag
- crumbled bacon and chives, garnish
- 30 mini tin foil cupcake liners
- 1 large piping bag with a large star frosting tip
In a large bowl combine ground beef with all ingredients excluding tomato sauce, potatoes and garnish. Incorporate meatloaf with hands or stand mixer, incorporate all ingredients well.
Scoop a tablespoon of the beef mixture into the mini cupcake pan. Top each individual meatloaf cupcake with 1-2 tsp of marinara sauce.
Bake in a 350 F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 160 F/71 C. Allow to cool slightly before icing with mashed potatoes.
Spoon mashed potatoes in a pastry piping bag with a star icing tip over top of meatloaves. Place mini meatloaf cupcakes into mini foil liner, ice with mashed potato and sprinkle crumbled bacon and chives for garnish.
Recipe developed and written by Adriana Barros PHEc.