Savoury Beef Crostini
Posted December 9, 2014
It can be hard to have just one of these tender beef crostinis.
- 2 (1 lb (0.5 kg)) Beef Strip Loin Grilling Steaks, 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick, toasted
- 250 g package brie cheese, sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 250 g white button mushrooms, 30 sliced & remaining minced (divided)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry red wine
Place oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Generously salt and pepper the striploins and sear 4-5 minutes per side or until the meat thermometer reads 145F (63 C) for medium-rare doneness. Remove from heat and tent with foil. Slice french bread and lightly toast. Mince half the mushrooms and keep the other half sliced. Lower heat to medium add butter, shallots, mushrooms and sauté in beef drippings. Remove the sliced mushrooms from the heat, set aside. Deglaze the pan with wine and reduce to half and remove from heat. Spread 1 tsp (5mL) of wine mushroom mixture to each crostini. Top with thinly slice beef striploin and place a slice of brie cheese and top a sliced sautéed mushroom on top. Once all crostinis are assembled drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Recipe developed and written by Adriana Barros PHEc