MBP Scholarship – 2020-21
Due to disruptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic (and the related closure of high schools and post-secondary institutions) MBP has decided to push the application deadline for its 2020 annual scholarships into November instead of the usual June intake deadline. This application process is for students who will be undertaking post-secondary studies in the 2020-21 academic year.
Manitoba Beef Producers is pleased to make available six $500 scholarships annually for MBP members or their children attending a university, college, other post-secondary institution or pursuing trades training. Preference will be given to those students pursuing a field of study related to agriculture or to those acquiring a skilled trade that would be beneficial to the rural economy.
Completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 6th, 2020. A selection committee will review the submissions. Winners will be notified by December 11, 2020.
The scholarship criteria is as follows:
- Must be at least 17 years of age as of January 1, 2020.
- Must be an active Manitoba beef producer or the child of an active Manitoba beef producer. Note: This can include beef producers returning to school after a period of time in the workforce.
- Post-secondary program or trades training must be a minimum of one year in duration.
Items You Are Required to Submit:
- Completed application form;
- A typed 600-word (maximum) essay discussing “What the beef industry means to my family, my community and Manitoba.” Also include the reasons you enjoy being involved in agriculture.*;
- A copy of your transcript (either high school, or a recognized college, university or trade school);
- Proof of enrolment in a recognized institution (current transcript, or your acceptance letter, or a letter of intent indicating your intended institution and field of study).
- A list of community involvement (e.g. 4-H, community clubs, volunteer work, etc.); and,
- The names of two references, including their addresses and telephone numbers.
Submissions and ALL documentation must be sent no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 6, 2020 to:
Manitoba Beef Producers
220 – 530 Century Street
Winnipeg MB R3H 0Y4
Fax: (204) 774-3264
For more information, please contact Manitoba Beef Producers at 1-800-772-0458 or email email@example.com.
*Scholarship winners’ essays will be published in MBP’s newspaper Cattle Country.