Manitoba Beef Producers is pleased to offer six $500 bursaries annually for MBP members or their children attending a university, college or other post-secondary institution or pursuing trades training.
Preference will be given to those students pursuing a field of study related to agriculture or to those acquiring a skilled trade that would be beneficial to the rural economy.
The winners are selected by a group of MBP directors. The names of applicants are redacted from the essays to ensure fairness in the selection process.
Completed applications must be submitted by Monday, June 3, 2019. A selection committee will review the submissions. Winners will be notified by July 31, 2019.
- Must be at least 17 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- Must be an active Manitoba beef producer or the child of an active Manitoba beef producer. Note: This can include beef producers returning to school after a period in the workforce.
- Must use the bursary within two years.
- Post-secondary program or trades training must be a minimum of one year in duration.
Items to Submit:
- Completed application form;
- A typed 600-word (maximum) essay discussing “What the beef industry means to my family, my community and Manitoba.” Also include the reasons you enjoy being involved in agriculture;
- A copy of your transcript (either high school, or a recognized college, university or trade school);
- Proof of enrollment in a recognized institution (current transcript, or your acceptance letter, or a letter of intent indicating your intended institution and field of study);
- A list of community involvement (e.g. 4-H, community clubs, volunteer work, etc.); and,
- The names of three references, including their addresses and telephone numbers.
Submit your application to:
Manitoba Beef Producers Bursary Committee
220 – 530 Century Street
Fax: (204) 774-3264