MBP Job Opportunity – Office Assistant
Posted June 29, 2018
Manitoba Beef Producers (MBP) has an exciting opportunity available for someone interested in working as part of a small team committed to advancing Manitoba’s beef industry. MBP is the exclusive voice of the beef industry in Manitoba. It represents roughly 6,500 beef producers across the province. MBP is a non-profit organization with a elected board consisting of 14 producer-directors, each representing cattle producers in specific regions or districts of the Manitoba, along with four staff.
MBP’s mission is to represent all beef producers through communication, advocacy, research, and education—within the industry to governments, consumers and others; to improve prosperity and ensure a sustainable future. Funded 100% by producers through the collection of check-off dollars, MBP is committed to ensuring a sustainable future for the beef industry in the province for the benefit of our producers and all Manitobans.
MBP is seeking a full-time Office Assistant to work as part of the team. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Office Assistant performs reception and general administrative functions, provides functional support to other members of the MBP staff as well as to MBP Directors, leads planning, coordination and promotion of the Annual General Meeting, solicits advertisers for MBP’s industry newspaper, and oversees office informatics needs.
Specifically, the Office Assistant:
- provides first point of contact (includes receptionist duties) for producers, government officials and the general public;
- provides administrative support to the General Manager and the Board of Directors;
provides assistance and services to producers including the Age Verification Program of the Canadian Cattle Identification Agency;
- works in support of the MBP Communication Coordinator, assisting with the solicitation of advertisements and proofing of content;
- organizes, files, and retrieves documents and information, and maintain proper office filing systems and inventory lists, including office supplies and promotional/resource documents inventory;
- records meeting minutes when required;
- leads the planning of the Annual General Meeting (AGM), annual district meetings and numerous tradeshows;
- provides general office administrative support, including taking the lead in the maintenance of informatics systems and related equipment;
- provides support and carry out other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good organizational skills and detail focused
- A commitment to client service
- Computer software skills (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- The ability to meet and enforce deadlines
- The ability to multi-task and be adaptable to changing priorities
- A solid team focus
- A valid driver’s license
While not necessarily required, it would be beneficial if the candidate had:
- Knowledge and competencies related to office network maintenance and informatics
- Experience working as an assistant in an office environment
- Specific agriculture experience working with the beef sector
The Office Assistant for the Manitoba Beef Producers must be friendly, well organized and have the ability to communicate effectively in written, oral and e-mail form. The Office Assistant is required to show discretion and tact, and to work well as part of a team. The position reports directly to the General Manager.
This position is located at MBP’s office in Winnipeg. Normal working hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, but the candidate will be asked to periodically travel within the province and work irregular hours. MBP offers competitive compensation commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter by July 13, 2018 to Brian Lemon, MBP General Manager at email@example.com.
Thank you to all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.