Nominations Open for Manitoba Beef Producers Lifetime Achievement Award
Posted December 19, 2018
For immediate release
Dec. 19, 2018
WINNIPEG, MB – Nominations are now open for a Manitoba Beef Producers’ (MBP) award highlighting an outstanding beef producer in the province.
“The Manitoba Beef Producers Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes local beef producers who have made significant contributions to the beef industry and their commitment to excellence, exemplifying leadership and involvement in their community and province,” said Brian Lemon, MBP general manager.
“It is awarded every five years to a deserving recipient. We are excited to be presenting this award during our President’s Banquet at our 40th Annual General Meeting in Brandon on February 7, 2019,” added Lemon.
Individuals and families are eligible for the award. Nominations will be judged by a selection committee and the recipient will receive an award with the honour and their name inscribed on it. The recipient’s name will be added to a Manitoba Beef Producers Lifetime Achievement Award plaque at MBP’s office.
Nominees for MBP’s Lifetime Achievement Award will be considered in the following areas:
• Must be a current or past member of MBP or the Manitoba Cattle Producers Association;
• Beef advocacy activities with a genuine interest in the beef industry;
• Achievements and lasting benefit of their contribution to the beef industry;
• Excellence in being involved in the beef industry as a leader, mentor, volunteer;
• Their use of innovation and strategies for successful business.
Nominations are due no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, January 18, 2019. Nomination forms are available from the MBP office by calling 1-800-772-0458 or by downloading the NOMINATION FORM.