Province Announces First Agricultural Crown Land Auction Dates
Posted October 28, 2019
The Manitoba government has announced the first dates for upcoming agricultural Crown land lease auctions, Agriculture and Resource Development Minister Blaine Pedersen said October 25.
“The former Department of Agriculture conducted extensive consultations with stakeholders on the allocation of agricultural Crown lands,” said Pedersen. “The auction system is a fair and transparent approach that will create opportunities for new or young farmers to have access to these public assets.”
Upcoming agricultural Crown land lease auctions are being held on:
- Nov. 27 at the Brandon Manitoba Agriculture Office – 10 a.m. Manitoba Agriculture Office ‐ 1129 Queens Avenue Brandon [adverse weather date is December 9]
- Nov. 28 at the Minnedosa Ukrainian Hall — 10:00 a.m., Ukrainian Hall ‐ 202 5th Street NW [adverse weather date is December 10]
- Nov. 29 at the Dauphin Provincial Building – 10 a.m., Provincial Building ‐ 27 2nd Ave SW [adverse weather date is 2pm December 11]
- Dec. 3 at the Swan River War Veterans Community Hall – 1:30 p.m., War Veterans Community Hall ‐ 119 6th Ave N. [adverse weather date is December 12]
- Dec. 5 at the Ashern Manitoba Agriculture Office – 10 a.m., Manitoba Agriculture Office ‐ 43 Railway Ave. [adverse weather date is December 13]
- Dec. 6 at the Dugald Community Hall – 10 a.m., Dugald Community Club ‐ 544 Holland Street [adverse weather date is 2pm December 16]
In November 2018, the Manitoba government passed The Crown Lands Amendment Act (Improved Management of Community Pastures and Agricultural Crown Lands), which enabled amendments to the Agricultural Crown Lands Leases and Permits Regulation (Oct. 1, 2019). One of the updates to the regulation included implementing a system of allocating agricultural Crown land leases by way of a public auction.
The Agricultural Crown Lands Program supports the sustainable expansion of the livestock herd in Manitoba, contributes to ecological goods and services, and provides mitigation and adaptation to climate change. These leases and permits are available to farmers and ranchers, to provide an additional land base on which to conduct agricultural activities.
More information on the upcoming auctions, including start times, can be found at
https://resd.ca/leases_and_permits/LPproperties.aspx or contact a local Manitoba Agriculture Agricultural Crown Land office.