Ace’s Sirloin Steak Burger
Posted March 6, 2014
Featured recipe at Agriculture in the City’s Cooking Demo.
Stacked high and developed for Ace Burpee, host of Great Tastes of Manitoba.
Enjoy this mouth-watering steak burger with your family.
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Canadian Steak Spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cup (50 mL) EACH onion, minced and bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 slice aged old white cheddar cheese
- 6 slice thick cut cooked bacon, divided
- 6 whole grain ciabatta buns, lightly toasted
- 2 cup (500 mL) arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bacon marmalade, divided
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) prepared yellow mustard, divided
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or large bowl mix the first 6 lines of ingredients together until combined. Form the burger mixture into 6 burger patties; leave a thumbprint in the centre to keep burgers from rounding during cooking. Place burgers on medium-high heated grill 400F (200C) for 5-7 minutes per side or until meat thermometer reads 160F (71C) for well done.
To assemble: spread yellow mustard on bottom bun half, top steak burger patty, cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato slice, and arugula. Spread a spoonful of bacon marmalade on the top bun half and top the burger.
Recipe developed and written by Adriana Barros PHEc.