Pineapple Sirloin Beef Pops
Posted December 9, 2014
Perfect barbecue appetizer, bite-sized sirloin pops.
- 2 lb (1 kg) top sirloin beef steak, trimmed and cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 can pineapple chunks
- 1-2 clove garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH hoisin sauce and soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 50 4-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Trim and cut top sirloin steaks into bite sized cubes. In a medium sized bowl whisk in all remaining ingredients for the marinade. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour in marinade to absorb flavours. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Place cubed pineapple and sirloin cubes on small skewers. Remember to keep the skewers bite sized. Place on hot grill, cook for 3 minutes per side. The centres will be a light pink and approximately medium doneness, 160 F/71 C.
Recipe developed and written by Adriana Barros PHEc