Posted October 19, 2018
Posted October 12, 2018
Check out our October 12 newsletter online.
Posted October 2, 2018
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA – The Livestock Tax Deferral provision allows farmers who sell part of their breeding herd due to drought or flooding in prescribed drought or flood regions to...
Posted October 4, 2018
Come to Hartney on Oct. 10, and see how SARPAL projects help pastures and the environment.
Posted November 30, 2017
Attend the Extended Grazing Workshop Dec. 7 at our Brookdale Research Farm. Learn more about Corn and Swath grazing, Growing crops for extended grazing, Energy dense forages & poly-crops, Nutrient...
Posted June 7, 2017
Manitoba Beef & Forage Initiatives will be holding a tour of its First Street Pasture on June 22. For more information on the event click here.
Featured recipe at Agriculture in the City’s Cooking Demo. Stacked high and developed for Ace Burpee, host of Great Tastes of Manitoba. Enjoy this mouth-watering steak burger with your family.
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Canadian Steak Spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cup (50 mL) EACH onion, minced and bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 slice aged old white cheddar cheese
- 6 slice thick cut cooked...